FULL MEDICAL CHECK-UP IN SPAIN
You can get a full medical CHECK-UP at one of the best private hospitals in Barcelona.
Who is it for?
Regular medical check-ups are recommended for all men and women over 40. And the “express” design of the Check-up Program is the easiest and most convenient way for busy people to take care of their health.
- The program takes 1-2 days
- No hospitalization required: all tests are performed on an outpatient basis
- A specialized translator to help with your visits
- Medical report in your language
- The program can be supplemented by other tests and appointments according to the patient’s needs and requests
THE COMPLETE MEDICAL CHECK-UP IN BARCELONA INCLUDES:
- Full initial work-up, including medical history, by an internal medicine specialist; at this stage the Check-up Program can be supplemented or modified according to the patient’s needs, requests or symptoms.
- Blood and urine tests to check organ and system function. Blood: complete blood count, ESR, prothrombin time, aPTT, glucose, BUN, creatinine, serum uric acid , total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, PCR, protein electrophoresis, lipoprotein, enzymatic analysis – ALT, AST, GGT, ALP, ALKP, bilirubin, sodium, potassium, calcium, thyrotropin, hepatitis C, hepatitis B, ferritin, PSA (men). Urinalysis: pH, albumin, sediment.
- Computed tomography scan (CT scan) of the thorax and abdomen to detect tumors in the liver, gallbladder, spleen, kidney, pancreas, lungs and upper respiratory tract.
- Supra-aortic trunk echo-Doppler (TSA): studies the arteries to detect lesions and atherosclerosis (plaque that builds up inside the arteries).
- Spirometry: used to diagnose how well lungs work and monitor respiratory diseases.
- ENT examination with audiometry: inspects the ear, throat, nose, balance, dizziness and hearing. The purpose of these tests are to measure hearing and detect possible otorhinolaryngological diseases.
- Eye examination: tests visual acuity, eye pressure and a retinal exam for early detection of diseases like cataracts or glaucoma.
- Pelvic exam (for women) with cytology test and ultrasound: appointment with a specialist to test for a series of gynecological disorders. A mammogram can be included.
- Urological examination (for men): appointment with a specialist for a genitourinary and rectal exam (including the prostate).
- Cardiology diagnostic tests:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): test that measures the electrical activity of the heartbeat to detect several disorders, including abnormal thickening of the heart or arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders).
- Ergometry: stress test that measures the heart’s response to exercise. Blood pressure, pulse and electrocardiogram are tracked while the patient uses a treadmill. This test helps to prevent or detect disorders like angina pectoris and cardiac arrhythmia.
- Color Doppler echocardiography: uses an ultrasound to analyze heart size, strength, and function, as well as the function, movement and thickness of the walls of the heart.
- Final appointment and report delivery with all Check-up Program documentation and recommendations from expert doctors. The final appointment is with an internal medicine specialist and is based on a thorough analysis of all the data obtained.
* Patients can also get a colonoscopy and fibrogastroscopy, a full genetic test, a food intolerance test, any other medical imaging study (MRI, PET-CT, virtual coronary angiography, etc.), as well as appointments with a full range of specialists (we cover 40 medical specialties) whenever requested or recommended. However, the standard program above more than covers the needs of the majority of patients: it includes all the parameters should be regularly monitored after 40.